Careers and Volunteer Positions
Cry For Me…No More seeks an unpaid Development and Operations Intern to assist a growing organization in fulfilling its mission of supporting bereaved families after the loss of a child. The position is 10-20 hours per week and will work closely with the Vice President on outreach and funding efforts to expand services.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Development and Operations Intern will be instrumental in helping Cry For Me…No More (CFMNM) continue to grow and succeed on a regional and national level. CFMNM is a new nonprofit (established 2014) with huge growth potential and a one-of-a-kind healing workshop that provides transformational support to bereaved families. CFMNM also supports thousands of individuals through its website and huge social media following. The Development and Operations Intern will assist in a variety of areas to increase reach of services. The intern will be attentive to details, have excellent writing and communications skills, and be a motivated self-starter and a team player.
This position is an excellent learning experience and provides an incredible work environment with a great opportunity to learn about growing a nonprofit where your own ideas and creative solutions are also welcome.
- Assist in research and grant submittal for local workshops and general funding
- Research and reach out to relevant local groups for potential workshop sponsorship and/or support (by phone and mail follow up)
- Support workshops by posting to local event calendars
- Administrative help – updating spreadsheets and contacts, tracking donations, sending acknowledgements and receipts
- Assist with peer-to-peer fundraising site
- Local fundraiser assistance
- Help update website as needed
- Research relevant articles to post on social media
- Provide general support to CFMNM staff as needed
- Other duties as required
Your Training and Skills:
- Candidates should have a good mix of creative and critical thinking, passion and integrity
- Must be available at least 10-20 hours/week through the entire fall academic semester
Other required skills & experience include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive
- Strong administrative skills
Start: Immediately or with the fall semester
Hours: 10-20 per week or more if desired
Compensation: Unpaid with potential room for growth into a paid position. Flexible to accommodate students looking for credits and/or to complete a project associated with a degree or class.
Location: Near Gainesville, GA preferred but will consider remote applicants to work virtually
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Marketing: 10-20 hours a month making phone calls, sending out mailers, talking to potential partners and sponsors. Help with special projects and fundraising events.
Fundraising: 10-20 hours a month contacting organizations about sponsorship and funding. Project management of fundraising events.
Administrative assistant: 10-20 hours a month data entry, database admin, e mail responses, contacting specific individuals to obtain information, tracking and mailing of special date cards to all CFMNM family members (i.e. birthday and death date cards), and help with special projects and fundraising events.
Website Admin: Updating and optimize website, insure all links are active and correct, add new links and pages as instructed. Help with special projects and fundraising events.
Newsletter administrator: Design, create, and distribute quarterly newsletter. Solicit database of contacts for newsletter content. Maintain newsletter distribution database. Help with special projects and fundraising events.
Social media: 30 hours a month updating Facebook and Twitter, proactively seeking new fans and followers. Check all sites where CFMNM is listed and confirm info is complete and correct, update when necessary. Help with special projects and fundraising events.